December 7, 2012

"It's kind of a big day for me...."

"I'm turning eighteen...."

I can hardly believe it!!  How did this happen!!  It's also me who distinctly remembers that my birthday was last year - it can't possibly be again!  But time goes on and I've gotten a year older.  (I've actually been telling people that I'm turning fifteen because I don't act my age and I don't want to!)

And, sadly, this is the last time that I can sing that great song from The Sound of Music.  So, for the last time....

'I am seventeen, going on eighteen....'

Also, today, I got to serve at a distribution center for Operation Christmas Child, which was a blast!  It's something I've wanted to do for years and years but have either been too young or too busy.  But, anywhoz, I finally did it today with a group from TeenPact.  So much fun!!

Our entire group!  (TeenPact is amazing, by the way....)
Here's where all the shoe boxes went from the processing center!  Really neat!

My job was to make sure the 'filler boxes' were full.  Sometimes, the boxes weren't full enough, so they stuck these things in to make the box better for the child.

Some of the boxes with the un-processed shoe boxes inside!

This lady found the shoe box she personally sent to Operation Christmas Child!  Is that neat or what?!

Mom (far right) and younger sister (far left) with their group

Awesome TeenPact friends!
At the end, after we'd worked for about four hours.  Loads of fun!

 Almost needless to say, I was really tired by the end of the day.  I could fall asleep right now, actually....  (Zzzzzzz....)  But that's my fault - I cleaned two houses yesterday, then came home and stayed up designing my birthday cake until... really late.  (My cake, by the way, looks ah-mazing and I can't wait to show you guys pictures!  Not telling what it looks like, but it's very green and geeky.)  And then I woke up early, got fingerprinted for our next adoption (luckily, they didn't find out about my criminal record...), and then went and processed Christmas shoe boxes!

I am so sleeping in tomorrow....

Which is fine because it's a Saturday!
~Eowyn~

4 comments:

Anne-girl said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Looks like you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! "I am eighteen going on nineteen..." *Ehem* Not quite the same is it?

I've finally met Doctor Eleven. He's no Ten BUT he is very cool and very very good. I LOVE HIM! and his companions are great. Rory is especially amazing. Nine is still my favorite :D I think he always will be...

Have you watched MERLIN yet? I love that show

Have lots of cake and icecream and just have a nice B-day!

God Bless
Bella

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you got my phone message. ;) Sorry if my singing was a little off key. *grin* Can't wait to see pics of your cake!! Please call me!!

Love,
Elinor

Anonymous said...

Anne-girl - Thank you!!! : D

Bella - Thanks! : ) Nah... not quiiiiiite the same. : P

Awesome! Of the clips I've seen, I'd say the same thing. ; )

Nope.... It's not free with Amazon Prime, which is where my family usually watches TV shows. : P But it's on Netflix, right? I'll look for it!

I did and enjoyed it muchly. Pictures to follow!

Elinor - Thank you so much!! And, yes, I did get it and loved it! : ) Your singing was amazing! : D Pics to be posted soon. I enjoyed talking with you!! Love you, deary!!

Eowyn