I saw this tag on a blog I read, and decided to do it! (If you want to, I'll tag you, too!) To begin, you must choose twelve literary characters. Choose the characters first, then proceed to answer the questions.
1. Percy Blakeney (The Scarlet Pimpernel)
2. Emma Woodhouse (Emma)
3. Laura Timmons (Lark Rise to Candleford - yes, I've only seen Season One, but it's a book!)
4. Mac Campbell (Eight Cousins and Rose in Bloom)
5. Mr. Knightly (Emma)
6. Jo March (Little Women)
7. Rose Campbell (Eight Cousins and Rose in Bloom)
8. Paul Chauvelin (The Scarlet Pimpernel)
9. Bella Wilfer (Our Mutual Friend)
10. Theodore "Laurie" Laurence (Little Women)
11. Eustace Scrubb (Voyage of the Dawn Treader, The Silver Chair, etc.)
12. Aiden Thomas (The Door Within Trilogy)
Now, answer the questions by putting the correct characters instead of the numbers.
1. Who would make a better college professor, 6 (Jo March) or 11 (Eustace Scrubb)? Oh, dear! I think Jo would, because she's smart and a good writer, and Eustace, well... as we read in Dawn Treader, he hadn't read "any of the right books."
2. 12 (Aiden Thomas) sends 8 (Paul Chauvelin) out on a mission. What is it? Does it succeed? Aiden, how could you?! Oh, well.... I guess he'd send Chauvelin to do something the King. Chauvelin would accomplish the task because he's stealthy and has his ways, but wouldn't actually bring Aiden the needed thing because he would join Paragor's forces. (Villain that he is!!)
3. What is, or what would be, 9 (Bella Wilfer)’s favorite book? Well, it depends on how far she is into the book - how far her character is developed. I'd say something about love. (Something which Julius Hanford/John Rokesmith/John Harmon would know nothing about....)
4. Would it make more sense for 2 (Emma) to swear fealty to 6 (Jo) or the other way around? Um... Probably the other way around. Jo seems more like the person that would swear fealty to someone, not Emma.
5. Number 5 (Mr. Knightly) is looking for a roommate. Should s/he room with 9 (Bella Wilfer) or 10 (Laurie)? Laurie, no doubt about it.
6. 2 (Emma), 7 (Rose), and 12 (Aiden) are going out to dinner. Where are they going, and what do they discuss? Emma would want to go somewhere where she could see people (for her matchmaking purposes), Rose would want to go somewhere that reminds her of her voyages around the world with Uncle Alec, and Aiden would probably just want a cheeseburger. They wouldn't be able to decide and would eventually go to Rose's house so Aunt Plenty could make them a meal. Emma would want to know all the juicy details about "Charlie + Rose" and Rose would change the subject and talk to Aiden about drawing. A boring evening all around.
7. 3 (Laura) challenges 10 (Laurie) to a duel. Who wins? Seriously?! Laurie would obviously win because he's probably a lot better at sword-fighting than Laura, but he'd be a gentleman and let her win.
8. If 1 (Percy) stole 8 (Chauvelin)’s most precious possession, how would s/he get it back? (Cool, they're actually in the same story!!) Well, Chaubertin - Odd's fish, excuse me - Chauvelin would try to get it back, but wouldn't because Percy is too ingenious and cunning to let him get it back!
9. Suggest a story title in which 7 (Rose) and 12 (Aiden) both attain what they want. A Novel's End. (Seriously, though, Rose and Aiden have nothing in common!!)
10. What kind of plot device would you have to use to get 1 (Percy) and 4 (Mac) to work together? Hmmm.... They're both very intelligent. I think Percy would help Mac convince Rose to marry him. : )
11. If 7 (Rose) visited you for the weekend, how would it go? Wonderfully!!! We'd talk about her cousins and which one I thought she should have married since Eight Cousins. (And my absolute favorite scene from Rose in Bloom - "Polishing Mac"!)
12. If you could command 3 (Laura) to perform any service or task for you, what would it be? I think I'd have her NOT kiss Philip, and definitely not marry him. (Everyone knows Alfie is for her!!!)
13. If 2 (Emma) had to choose sides between 4 (Mac) or 5 (Mr. Knightly), what side would s/he choose? Mr. Knightly, without a doubt!! He's her friend, and Mac is too unsociable for her.
14. What might 10 (Laurie) shout out while charging into battle? "FOR JO!!!"
15. If you had to choose a song to best describe 3 (Laura), what would it be? Deary me... Laura doesn't seem to be the singing type! Well, after she met Philip, she'd probably sing "Ten Minutes Ago" from Cinderella. (Even though I don't think he's the one for her....)
16. 1 (Percy), 6 (Jo), and 12 (Aiden) are having a dim sum at a Chinese Restaurant. There is only one scallion pancake left , and they all reach for it at the same time. Who gets it? What's a dim sum? lol Percy is too much of a gentleman to keep going for the scallion pancake, so he'd let Jo or Aiden have it. Aiden would reach for it, then stop because it wouldn't be as good as the food in The Realm and start wishing he was back in The Realm. Jo would get the pancake.
17. What would 5 (Mr. Knightly) most likely be arrested for? Perish the thought! But if I must.... If there was ever a law for being too awesome of a hero, Mr. Knightly would get it. ("If I loved you less, I might be able to speak about it more!" would be Exhibit A.)
18. What is 6 (Jo)’s secret? The first time she met Professor Baer, she instantly thought, "Ahh, a perfect tutor for my school at Plumfield - if I can ever get it going. And a perfect real-life model for Rodrigo!!"
19. If 11 (Eustace) and 9 (Bella) were racing to a destination, who would get there first? Bella, because Eustace would drag his feet, whining at how far it was and how there was no point, etc.
20. If you had to walk home through a bad neighborhood late at night, who would you be more comfortable walking with, 7 (Rose) or 8 (Chauvelin)? Chauvelin from a more protective standpoint, but he would creep me out so much that I'd choose Rose and hope she brought Mac or even Charlie along!
21. 1 (Percy) and 9 (Bella) reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by 4 (Mac)'s sinister secret organization. 11 (Eustace) volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that s/he is actually a spy for 4 (Mac). Meanwhile, 4 (Mac) has kidnapped 12 (Aiden) in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of 5 (Mr. Knightly), they seek out 3 (Laura), who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this fiction? Sir Percy Wins Again, A Novel. (Bella and Percy are perfect for each other, by the way! Yikes, something must have happened to Mac... poor Mac!! Eustace is just the sort of person who would give up such a secret as him being a spy... lol! And poor Aiden - where was Son of Fury?! Yes, the wise advice of Mr. Knightly - always follow Knightly's advice! Laura would probably give them a letter or something, lol! A wonderful novel, really.... someone should write it.)