March 14, 2012

Anne of Green Gables Tag Questions

It's Anne of Green Gables week over at Miss Dashwood's Yet Another Period Drama blog, and I thought I'd answer the tag questions that she posted a few days ago at the start of the week. Enjoy!

1. How many of the Anne books have you read, and how many of the films have you seen?
I've seen the first two movies numerous times, and I "watched" the third one through my fingers. (I didn't like it at all, but I'd like to see it again just to remember why I didn't like it as much. I was only eight when I watched it, but I think I'll remember why pretty fast!) The second is my FAVORITE and I could watch it over and over... and over and over!

2. If someone yanked your hair and called you carrots, what would you do to him?
Probably crack a slate over his head. (Except my hair isn't red... I'd still get mad if anyone called me Carrots, though!)

3. What would you do if Josie Pye dared you to walk the ridgepole of a roof?
See how high up it is. If it wasn't too high... maybe. If it was more than a story hugh, I'd just let her dare away! : )

4. If you had the opportunity to play any AGG (I'm abbreviating from now on because I am a lazy typist) character in an AGG play, which role would you choose?
Probably Anne. If she was taken by an actual red-head, I'd claim Diana!

5. If you were marooned on a desert island, which AGG character would you want to have as a companion? (Anne, Gilbert and Diana are not options. Let's keep this thing interesting. Not that they're not interesting.... oh, yay, now the disclaimer to this question is longer than the question itself. Lovely lovely lovely.)
First choice would be Anne, but since she's not avaliable... Emmaline Harris. She's one of my favorite characters from the second movie. Instead of crying over our fate, we'd probably quote different books and plays together!

6. If there was going to be a new adaptation of the Anne books and you could have any part in making the movie, what would you choose to do? (screenwriting, acting, casting, costume-making are a few possibilities)
Anything that gets me on the set! LOL!! I'd probably choose casting director, though, just to make sure that everyone was casted right. Of course, I'd be against a new adaption from the start because I think the versions that are out are absolutely wonderful. (I would NOT have any objection to a new adaption of the third one, though. Mine would follow the books!)

7. What are, in your opinion, the funniest AGG book/movie scenes? (choose one from the books and one from the movies)
Well, I can't really say one from the books because I've never read them. (Sorry! I'm getting to it! Just see it on my Books I'm Reading (or planning to...) page!)
Only one from the movies? Ugh. Let me think. Probably "The Carrots Scene" from the first one and the "Pitching and mooning?" scene from the second one. (I would say the "Don't eat it, Ms. Stacy!" scene, but it embarasses me too much because... I'd do the exact same thing. HA!)

8. What are, in your opinion, the saddest AGG book/movie scenes? (choose one of each again)
No book scene again... sorry, guys! : )
*Spoiler Alert!* From the first movie - when Matthew dies. Sadness! And from the second movie... when Gil almost dies. I can't watch! It's just so... *sniffs* Every single time, I ask myself, "Why can't she just SEE that he's the one for her?!" (That, and the first proposal. Gil's line "Please say yes!"... WOW! Made me tear up the last time I saw it!) *End Spoiler Alert*

9. Which AGG character would you most like to spend an afternoon with? (again, Anne and Gilbert and Diana are not options for this one--think secondary characters)
Josie Pye. *laughs* I know she's the "villian," but she's just so funny! We'd probably spend the entire afternoon picking at each other. hehehe....

10. What is your definition of a kindred spirit?
A really good friend that knows you extremely well and shares your likes and dislikes. I am blessed to have a few of these. : )

Wow, that was fun! (Or maybe I just like answering tag questions about movies or books I like!)

~Eowyn~

1 comment:

Miss Dashwood said...

Haha, I love the pitching and mooning scene. SO FUNNY!