July 29, 2013

one day more.

Well, it's actually more like Half A Day More, but that is neither here nor there.
 
It's weird....  Even now, less than twelve hours 'til The Day My Life Begins, it still feels like this entire trip to NYC is just something crazy that my dad and I are doing.  Something in the distant future.  Something so surreal, it's almost unbelievable.
 
You see, when I told my parents that I wanted to go to New York to see a Broadway play for my graduation a few months ago, I didn't really think it'd work out.  It's too insane, right?  So I asked for my own room, cuz that's more do-able.  During the hustle and bustle of finishing up school, doing CollegePlus, doing random summer stuff, and going to my grandparents' house for a week, I completely forgot about asking my parents for a trip to NYC.
 
Then, when they said that we were actually doing it, I nearly flipped.  I guess you could say I reached for the stars with asking for my own room (which I got, by the way).  A line from the song 'Anything Can Happen' from the Broadway version of Mary Poppins comes to mind....
 
'Anything can happen if you let it....  If you reach for the stars, all you'll get are the stars, but we've found a whole new spin....  If you reach for the heavens, you'll get the stars thrown in!'
 
So, today, I've been sending out thank you notes for my many graduation gifts (a month late.... yikes....  My excuse is that I didn't have any stamps.), doing laundry, packing oh-so-slowly, and just doing random things to prepare.
 
I've been checking on what the weather will look like, asking my dad a million times about airport regulations on contact solution and toothpaste, and basically taking it all one step at a time, just like a friend told me to do at church yesterday.
 
Well, I have to go now.  I need to finish up something, but I can't really remember what it was....  : P
 
(Oh, looky there.  A whole blog post and only one exclamation mark.  Well, I'll fix that.)
 
I'm going to NYC in ONE.... DAY............ MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
~Eowyn~

4 comments:

Miss Dashwood said...

TOMORROW YOU'LL BE WORLDS AWAY, BUT ON BROADWAY YOUR WORLD HAS STARTED!!!!!

Hahahaha. Couldn't resist.

Have a splendiferous time, me lovely, and tell us ALL about it when you get back! And get Laura Osnes' autograph if you can! And if you meet a certain person of whom we both know of... you know what to do. :D You've got my cell number, right? :P

Bella said...

So excited for you!!! You are going to have to tell us all that you did! And how the shows were! So happy for you!!!

-Belle

Alexandra said...

It'sgonnabeawesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOTSOFPICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

Maybe I missed this earlier, but what play are you going to see????????

I'm sure you'll have a total blast. I've been to a grand total of one play on Broadway, but it was amazing. Just walking down the street, with all the theaters, all the names lit up above you -- it's amazing.

Your parents rock!